On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:06:27 +1000, Don Ingram wrote:

>Has anyone had a problem recently ( since SP6 )
>with Schematic issuing rubbish at the end of a print cycle?
>The effect of this is that the desired page is printed
>correctly but after a timeout period the printer then spits
>out 2 more pages with an "timeout" error message on the
>last page.

>Sounds like even 1 extra char or so is sent at the end of
>the print run looking like new data for the next page.

Yes exactly the same problem printing to an HP Laser in Postscript.

You might check driver options, the error printout is a Postscript thing, I
seem to remeber an option (not) to download a Postscript error handler or
something.

(Just looked in Win 2k and you can set a wait timeout to zero to prevent
the time out and error message - I don't know if that fixes the problem or
if it screws up the next print job yet).

You can also manually reset the printer after the last sheet - saves it
spewing a couple of pages a minute later.

Cheers, Terry.

* To join or leave this list visit: