The Organisation and Address fields are overwritten with the
data in the respective fields in the template file.

This kind of makes sense, since you'd normally want some
consistency with your documents in this regard - if all your
work is for the same organisation.

What is really missing is a hierarchy of variable fields that
can be set at a global, project or sheet level.

At the moment, Organisation and Address are kind of global,
since they're embedded in the template (not ideal, but it
kind of works...), however the only other option is sheet-local
variables. I get heartily sick of having to enter details such
as project name, project manager, project number, etc., on each
sheet I create - this is a perfect example of the need for
project-level variables.

Other wish-list items include automatic sheet numbering (with
workable user control of sheet ordering) and a print sequencer
that follows the sheet numbering rather than an invisible object
order stack.

Cheers,

John Haddy