If indeed this is a systemic problem, then perhaps it is Protel who should
iron out the bug, and subsequently report the appropriate registry fix to
our group, as well as issuing the fix as part of the next service pack
and/or as a stand-alone hot-patch.

Has anyone notified them? Ken Heinrich?

regards,

aj

(who HAS cc'd Protel...)

On 08:51 AM 5/1/01 -0400, Ken Henrich said:
>Hi,
>
>I have done some more testing on the phenomena. First, I use system backup
>to save all system files and the registry. Next I install Protel 99se. After
>install, "MY COMPUTER/MANAGE" works. I reboot. Now "MY COMPUTER/MANAGE" does
>not work. I restore the system files and the registry. Now it works again. I
>install SP6. Now it does not work. I restore the system files and the
>registry. Now it works. Guess what? So does Protel! Here is my suggestion:
>
>Backup system state with MS Backup
>Install Protel
>Install SP6
>Restore system state with MS Backup
>
>Caveats:
>1. If your system is already degraded, this will not fix it.
>2. I have not done detailed investigations to know what this does so there
>may be further surprizes.

2.2   S E C O N D   D R O P   T O W E R
Andrew J Jenkins        Electrical Engineer
National Center for Microgravity Research
NASA-Glenn Research Center MS 45-1
21000 Brookpark Rd, Cleveland OH 44135
(216) 433-5001 fax:433-3793

* To join or leave this list visit: