Hi Rich,

    I've had problems with the group in the past too.  You basically want your library
to contain only what is exactly available in your stock.  So for example, having a
single 0603 cap # xxxXXX-X is, and placing a value after inserting is unacceptable.
The only thing I can recommend would be to generate the first generic 0603 cap,
setting the footprint & general description.  Copy components & change each ones name
# part value & number.
    I wonder if it's possible after creating a lot of duplicates, you could export all
the copied parts fields into a spread sheet, in the spread sheet, import & past over
the fields from you supply data base directly into Protel's spread sheet and make a
whole bunch of components at once.

Anyways, if you want basically all the discrete symbols pre-done for Protel's
schematic capture, they are available off of my public access FTP site.

Just copy this link to your Internet explorer address bar & download the files that
you want.
ftp://ftp.point-lab.com/quartus/Public/ProtelUsers/
Supercompact.zip - 3.1kb -> Super compact schematic symbols for almost all discrete
components.

Brian Guralnick