Brad Velander wrote:

> I did recently see an article on this exact question. It was thoroughly
> tested using field solvers and the field solvers confirmed the reduction of
> radiation from traces designed to the 20H rule. Sorry can't look for the
> article right now and have no recollection of exactly where it was,
> magazine, internet or other. If I can recollect where I saw this article, I
> will let you know.
>         Note that this article tested the issue using traces, not power
> planes.

AHHA!  Now, that makes sense.  Keeping the traces OVER a ground plane
turns them into microstrip lines, rather than radiating cunductors in space.
Most of the field is contained between the conductor and the ground
plane.  But, this is a totally different situation from keeping a power plane
'tucked inside' the ground plane.

Jon