I confess that I gave up on Protel's BOM generation a while back.
Now, I use the ExportSchematicToDatabase process to generate a
DBF file (exporting all fields related to PARTs).

I then open the DBF in Excel then save as an Excel workbook. I do
this because I've had problems with getting MS Access to open a
Protel generated DBF reliably - I don't know whether it's Protel's
or Access' fault (and I don't care, since I have a method that
works with the saved XLS workbook).

I have an Access database with the required parsing queries and a
suitable report format. All I do is link to the XLS file then hit
the report generator.

Finally, I print the report to a PDF - done!

A bit long winded, perhaps - but I can generate any report in whatever
format I need by creating new queries and making a report template to
suit.

Cheers,

John Haddy