Paul Gaastra wrote:

> Hello.  I'm running Design Explorer 99 Spack 6.
>
> I don't make many boards.  It seems that every time I create a new
> PCB from a schematic one component gets placed with the text
> information way away from the footprint.  The text information is not
> visible.  I know it's there because when I do a zoom all the pcb is
> much smaller than it should be and the size is determined by
> where the invisible text is placed.

It may not be part of a component.

When you do "Update PCB", be sure to uncheck the two items under
"classes" at the bottom of the form, otherwise Protel will generate a
"placement room" for each sheet of the schematic.  These rooms will
march off to the upper right, making the required workspace much larger
than the board.  Unfotunately, these rooms are normally hidden (you
hide/unhide them on the show/hide form).

These rooms can be removed in the "Options/Classes" form, I think.

--
Peter Bennett
TRIUMF