Brad,

    Which layer are you trying to place the arcs on?

    I have used arcs in polygons on mechanical layers (to generate a
cross-hatch pattern indicating application of sealant, etc.) but had
problems doing it. I experienced difficulty in controlling them as well.

    The work around that I use is to construct them on the Top (or Bottom)
layer and move them to my chosen Mech Layer when I have them the way I want
them.

    Toggling track mode as suggested by Jim McGrath did not seem to work
reliably on the Mech Layer directly.

    Hope this is of some use to you.

Best Regards,

LINDEN DOYLE