no good reason other than inertia and the particular methodology I use

but that notwithstanding the problem I mention is not peculiar to
netlist loading, I believe it is to any process in which it pops a
window which has the drop list of currently loaded or recently used DDBS
such as when choosing a target board or a template file

believe me there is something very fishy that happens when you mess with
the original path or file name of the DDB
have you noticed there is no save as for DDB?

the original ddb path and filename are buried in there somewhere
it doesn't seem to correct itself but I haven't figured out the
mechanism
if you don't watch out it is very easy to be working on the wrong data

Dennis Saputelli