From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 9:35 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] more footprints

In a message dated 7/20/01 9:28:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

>   When editing a library part, the component description only allows 4
> footprints to be associated with that part. This can be seen again when
> placing a part on a schematic, giving only four choices of footprints
> (ie:resistors) plus whatever you can remember.
>
>   My question is: Is there a way of increasing the number of listed
> footprints without having to memorize, write down or search the pcb
> library for the unlisted footprints?

Are you perhaps misunderstanding the use of this field? I don't know of any
component that comes in more than four different footprints, certainly not
four that I would use. I'm sure someone can come up with a counterexample,
or
perhaps you can explain some unusual use for this field.

Steve Hendrix