I had what I thought was a great idea, now not so sure...

I did a screen cap off a power ic data sheet pdf
it showed the pinout and a lot of the inner workings, i.e., catch
diodes, transistor H bridge
it also had all the nice descriptive pin names

I massaged the image and put it into a new sch lib part, stuck some pins
on it
and voila, it looked great
a little big, but greatly explicative of the functionality

now I notice that the image is only a ref to an external file, so it
seems that this is not going to be practical, right?

since the image is not in the lib much less in the sch and with a full
path name to boot I fear it is not so simple to pass a schematic around

nor can you look in your DDB (AFAIK) for a graphic, nor can you paste a
graphic.

does this all say that graphics are more trouble than they are worth in
schs?

I can make this work on a given system and I can make nice paper, but it
seems like maybe it is a bad idea, too bad.
what do you think?

Dennis Saputelli