For the last two days I have been reinstalling W2K after a system crash.  As
a result of circumstances related to that I added a smaller drive as the C:
and installed W2K and then P99SE in order to protect the data on the larger
D: drive which contained my Protel work.  Fine.  So I copied and tested all
and all worked normally.  So then I deleted the Win2K folders on the
original drive and installed W2K, Office2000, etc., and then P99SE resulting
in a dual-boot arrangement for the two drives.

When I boot up with the D: drive and run P99SE it scans the network for a
floating license and comes up with my License number and the message
"...grants access to 0 users" and will not actually open the PCB file.  But
when I dual-boot into the C: drive and open the same DDB file, it never
scans the network for the floating license and I can open the PCB with no
problem.  What's going on?  I never saw it scan for the license before this.

regards,
Tim Hutcheson
IHMC