Hello all,

I have discovered that I might be able to remove about 200 source resistors
from my 5/5 mil design if I can manufacture with exact impedance match a
4-layer FR4 board.  It seems that laminates down to about 2.5 mil are
available but conventional wisdom is to not go below 4 mil and preferably
stay at 5 mil.  I would need to use about 3.5 mil of FR4 material to try to
get a 50-ohm impedance match with my processor.  The question is whether or
not films are available in such precise thick nesses and are the results
reproducible enough.  I would expect that the first prototypes would give me
my baseline and I would go from there but only if the process is repeatable.
Any thoughts by anyone would be appreciated.  I have committed all of the
calculations to my calc and verified them with numerous examples so I would
be able to verify any suggestions quickly, in so far as calculations go...
;-)  My design is for 66/100/133 mhz operation.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Tim Hutcheson