At 03:26 PM 10/31/2002 +0100, Peder K. Hellegaard wrote:
I have a Protel 99SE license for sale. Interested ?
Please send off-group to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
One notice was, at least, enough; two posts to this list in a few days is definitely too much.

There is a mailing list, [EMAIL PROTECTED] For a time, access to that list was only to members, to keep down spam, but spam to yahoogroups lists seems to be down and it somewhat defeated the purpose of the list, which is to be like a bulletin board for license resales, web-accessible, so that persons searching for resale information or opportunities could find it readily.

The other benefit of this "bulletin board" is that the market becomes fairer, since the market value of a resale license is otherwise difficult to establish.

(Since I am posting this much, I will add that the asking price for Protel 99SE licenses without upgrade rights runs from $3000 or so to $4500 (U.S. dollar prices). The former price would be direct from a motivated seller who no longer needs the license, if you can find such a person, and the latter is what I am currently asking for an extra license I own. The *maximum* value would be something like the current DXP price, $7995, minus the upgrade cost for DXP, $1995, or $6000 net. Why might someone pay that much? Because the immediate cash outlay would be lower, one could upgrade more or less at leisure.)