Heres a quick one,

I have a PCB which Protel99SE refuses to finish routing (> 1.5 hours)
regardless of settings like track width, via sizes etc. I export it to
Protel98 and the router takes no real effort to finish (< 10 min). Sure
enough, in the 98 version the board it produces needs a bit of TLC to make
it to production, but at least it finished. After the first rip up and
retry, 99SE refuses to stop for a while when told to as well. What's the
deal on pausing the router? I never tried it on the 98 but 99SE doesn't let
me shut down and come back to the board later. Added to that, the holes to
go and connention counts never seem to match what is happening on the
board. It would be stuck on 5 to go and 80 connections. You stop it and
it'll always say 2 to go or completed. It's like there is one routine
writing the message and another doing the counting and they only talk to
each other randomly.

This doen't seem right to us, as we just paid for the upgrade to 99SE. In
the area of Sch amd PCB, so far what we got is more like a patch than a new
release. I do like the file handling and the document selecting compared to
the earlier version though. And yes, we are using SP6.

Regards,

Saddle (In the land of Oz)