On 10:24 AM 11/08/2001 -0400, Brian Guralnick said:
>Hi all,
>     I'm just finishing up my super automatic QFP footprint generator.
>
>I need the user to enter the following:
>------------------------------------
>Package width.
>Package width +/- tolerance.      "Yes, this footprint generator makes
>proper use of
>the tolerances."
<...snip...>

Brian,

You need a dialog box.  Protel has provided a dialog box editor (that
allows you to create a dialog box using drag and drop).

You can find this under Macro|Run Client Basic Dialog Editor  (when you
have a text document open).

Basic function is to add controls (in your case probably edit boxes mainly)
to the dialog giving them each a suitable name.  With the small property
window open click on the dialog box (away from any control) and give the
dialog box a type name (BGQFPDIALOG - or whatever doesn't need to be easily
read as it is only used in your code to declare a variable of this
type  (dim myQfpDialog as BGQFPDIALOG).

Then initialize the edit boxes with suitable numbers.  Then call
dlgResult = Dialog(myQfpDialog)
where dlgResult is an integer.

You then test dlgResult to check what button was clicked and hence what
your code should do.

See the cirwiz.bas example in the Macro help file.  Also look up the help
on the Dialog function.

The above is assuming you are using client basic rather than an external basic.

Hope this helps,
Ian Wilson