[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > rotate a comonent if you were dragging the tracks with it!  Brilliant!
> Why
> > don't they
> > let the USER decide if he wants to do this or not!  Yes, it will make a
> mess in
> > some
> > cases, but you can clean it up.  That is easier than breaking all the
> nets, and
> > then
> > cleaning it up manually.
>
> It was probably a case of when they were developing the function it crashed
> everything or hung while trying to resolve everything and the programmers
> manager said "Well just don't let them do that so we can ship the thing on
> time." I've seen it happen before in a lot bigger companies....

My guess is that it made a jumble of the local PC board area.  That is probably

unavoidable.  But, I seem to remember that Protel Adv PCB for Windows
had a real quirk, thet when you rotated a component, all attached track
segments
were forced to rotate with the component, rather than rubber-band with one end
still attached outside the affected area.  I think this might be due to a basic
difference
in how the database works.  That particular behavior made the rotate-and-drag
connections function practically useless.  This may be the reason that
'capability'
is disabled.  Unless they fix the way the connected tracks are handled, it
certainly
would be useless to me!

Jon