One point on the subject of DWG/DXF export of a PCB.

I find it is best to:
1) Save the file I am about to export (and save a copy to a new name)
2) **** Globally set track, arc (and string) widths to zero ****
3) remove heaps of extraneous stuff - like most of the copper tracks which
are of no use to the mech designer (usually)
4) then do the export.

Point 2) makes the DXF/DWG file **much** easier to use. Protel exports
lines (tracks) with non-zero width as rectangles.  These do not make
accurate snap points unless you fiddle a lot and work a high zoom
levels.  By making the tracks and string sizes all zero first you get
accurate snap points.

I would like increased control of the export process including:
i)   option to export all widths as zero
ii)  ability to control which layers are exported
iii)  option to export as draft mode which would also *not* fill pads and vias.
iv)  ability to export selected items only

Bye for now,
Ian