I do the parts just as you describe, and it works fine. In detail:

- Place the 1st part (the one you completed already) on the screen
- Mark it by selecting the complete area and do "Edit/Copy"
- Click on a reference point
- Place the 2nd part on the screen ( > button). This screen should still be
empty, just showing the grid.
- Click into the empty window (maybe that is the secret!)
- "Edit/Paste" should bring the copied part to the screen. Place it.
- Repeat for the remaining parts to be defined.

Please don't think I want to play a joke on you, because I explain simple
steps in such detail. But, as the Copy functions without problems, it must
be a simple thing that you are doing wrong.

Regards,

Gisbert

                    "Robison Michael

                    R CNIN"                 An:     "'Protel EDA Forum'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    <Robison_M@crane        Kopie:  (Blindkopie: Gisbert Auge/NAT)

                    .navy.mil>              Thema:  [PEDA] duping parts in a
multi-part component ??

                    15.08.2001 16:05

                    Bitte antworten

                    an "Protel EDA

                    Forum"

hello,

i've set up a 6-part component in my component library and i built
up the first part and now i want to copy this first part into the second
part and then edit the pin numbers and remove the vcc and gnd, but
i can't figure out how to copy the first part into the second part.  i
tried to just drag around the entire first part and do a copy/paste but
that won't work.

thank you, miker