Manhattan distance isn't crow's flight distance - it is (x2-x1)+(y2-y1).
Crow's flight (shortest) distance is sqrt((x2-x1)^2 + (y2-y1)^2).

Either is easy enough to calculate if you have the pad locations that
are attached to the net.

I would suggest using the PCB_SS:Export process to extract the pad location
parameters, however a brief inspection makes it appear that there is no
direct way to associate pads with their respective net connections. I have
this horrible suspicion that you might need to marry the .NET file to the
extracted location information using a brute force approach.

Of course, if there was a comprehensive ExportPCBtoDatabase function (as
there is in Schematic) there would probably be no problems in doing what
you want.

Cheers,

John Haddy