On 09:36 AM 20/08/2001 -0400, Bob Jones said:
>Does any one know how generate a report that gives the Manhattan distance
>(ratsnest distance)?
>I need one that shows the absolute shortest distance a trace can be. I'll
>also need to generate a report that shows the routed distance. I believe I
>can do that with "Netlist Status" under reports.
>I need this for numerous nets, so to do them individually is not a good
>option.
>
>Bob Jones

Protel had a Manhattan ratio calculator for P98.  It was on the Protel www
site in the Add-ons area from memory.  Some people have been able to run
P99 SE servers on P98 but it would really depend on the exact calls made
into the Protel API, I guess.  You could try I suppose, but make sure you
back everything up first and travel with care.

As for a netlist status report - it does give the routed length of each
individual trace.  But not their absolute shortest length possible (direct
path). Such a report does not exist.  Could presumably be made with a
server but it doesn't exist now.

Ian Wilson