On 04:48 PM 23/08/2001 -0500, Nicholas Cobb said:
>Hi All,
>         I was wondering if anyone can tell me how I can update sheet
> symbols to
>reflect changes in the names of ports of the subsheet. I know that I can
>delete the sheet symbol and create a new one, but it just seems like there
>should be a better way.
>
>Thanks,
>Nick Cobb

A different way but not better - double click each sheet entry and type in
the new name.

Updating an already placed sheet symbol from the sheet would be a
worthwhile feature.  But care would need to be taken by who ever wrote it
that existing sheet entries were not moved and new sheet entries did not
take the place of deleted entries, or, more accurately new sheet entries
should not be put in a location that would cause a connection to an
existing wire (at least without a warning and maybe ERC marker).  This is
to reduce the chance of accidental connections or changes to existing
connections.  I can see why such a feature may have not been implemented as
the risk of subtle changes to a design are not insignificant.

Ian Wilson

*                      - or email -