AJ:

I salute your valiant attempts to prevent spammers from doing what they love
to do.  However, I wonder if it will really have the desired effect.

IMO, there are four rules about dealing with spam:
1)  NEVER reply to spam
2)  If you are thinking of replying to spam, see rule (1)
3)  NEVER click-through to spammer's websites
4)  NEVER open spam attachments

If everyone followed these four simple rules, there would be no spam.  There
would be absolutely no economic incentive to create it.  When you reply to
spam, even in protest, you are signalling the spammers that their campaign
is effective, and that your e-mail address is valid and there is a warm body
viewing the e-mail.

I suppose one thing that might be effective is an option in an e-mail
program to produce a simulated error message that looks like it came from
the e-mail relay server.  You would have to be able to select a particular
message(s) in your in-box for error reply.  Then, perhaps, the spammer will
cull invalid e-mail addresses from their lists.  Anyone know how to do this?

Sad but true:  laws regarding acceptable Internet usage are irrelevant.
Spammers can take their operations outside of national jurisdictions, as
many have already.

Spam I'd like to see:  free, complete plans for a safe, working fusion
electric generator that you can build from Home Depot materials, put in your
garage, and use tap water as fuel!  Oh, and I want the plans in PDF
format...  ;-)

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.