Forum members,

Although there is probably a fairly simple answer to
this question, I'll go ahead anyway and pose it to the
group.

How are components / parts set up on the board design
so that they are not included in syncing operations?
These parts would be things such as fiducials, tooling
holes, mounting holes, etc. which are not part of the
schematic. In the past, I seen various different CAD
tools handle this a number of different ways.

To take this a step further, can items be placed on a
schematic so that they show up in a BOM but aren't
included in the PWB syncing process. I would suspect
this may be an attribute to put in a symbol, but
haven't seen any particular reference to it in any of
our documentation.