Hello,

I had a pcb placed on hold this morning because of dead end traces. For me
at least, this is a common occurrence. The traces are usually the result of
inadvertent copying or rerouting a trace (loop removal doesn't fix traces
going off in another direction).  The drc doesn't spot them if they don't
cause an error. They are mostly benign. The pcb house spots them instantly,
and complains. I haven't found any way to find them myself in protel. Does
anyone know how, or know of a program that checks the gerbers for them?

thanks,
Richard

Cheesecote Mountain CAMAC
24 Halley Drive; Pomona, NY 10970