On 06:25 PM 20/09/2001 +0200, Rene Tschaggelar said:
>Since changing to SP6 I cannot draw track after track anymore.
>Right mouse down stops the process and I have to start a new with place
>track ( p t )
>
>AFAIR with SP5 right mouse down stopped just the current track and could
>be resumed
>with a left mouse down.
>
>Rene
>--
>Ing.Buero R.Tschaggelar - http://www.ibrtses.com

Rene,

If you right-click very fast then you can continue with placing tracks -
but it does seem unreliable.  I am not sure this is SP6's problem.  I have
some recollection that it is related to the double-click (yes,
double-click) speed that you have set in Windows.  I keep meaning to slow
this down to experiment.

I see the same thing when wiring in Sch.  If I do a very fast right-click
(sort of a blip) then the wire is finished but I can go on placing new
ones, but a normal sort or right click will terminate wiring altogether.

I am not convinced that having two functions tied to one a single button
click, being differentiated by an unrelated timing (the *double* click
speed) is a good idea.  I for one would almost always prefer that a single
right click (of basically any duration) only terminates the current process.

I wonder if this problem appears when the hardware is changed and you have
different double-click speeds set-up.  Possibly without realising it.

There is a KB item sort of related to this - Item 2274

Bye for now,
Ian Wilson