hello,

there's a pretty decent section in the protel manual on manually
routing a design, but i didn't find the answer to my questions.

i am working on a pcb that needs to be duplicated as close as
possible to the original.  i have an old schematic and some
hardcopy artwork for the 10 layers.  i have created a schematic
in protel but i plan on hand-routing to match the  original card.  i
have a few questions:

how do i move from layer to layer with the same trace when
i'm hand-routing?  do i need to pre-place a via first?  my previous
experience with hand-routing had single tracks constrained to
the same layer, and to lay tracks on another layer, i simply
clicked the desired layer tab at the bottom of the window.  there
are no blind or buried vias on the board.

thank you, miker