On 11:18 PM 23/10/2001 +0200, Edi Im Hof said:

>Hi all
>
>As it is not possible to find out from witch library a schematic part came
>from, I'd like to place this information into the library fields.
>Library field 1 would hold the database name (e.g. National.ddb) and
>library field 2 the schematic library name (e.g. NS Continous Voltage
>Regulators.lib).
>
>Now my problem:
>I have already some quite large library, und it is a painful and
>error-prone task to add those fields manually.
>I'd like to write a macro for this, but haven't ever done this.
>
>The macro should do following things:
>
>-Get the database file name
>-Get the SchLib file name
>-Ask the user if this is OK
>-Place those informations into the associated fields of _all_ parts in the
>currently active SchLib.
>
>Could someone please give me some starting points?
>
>Edi

I do not think this can be done with a Macro as you do not have access to
the component fields.  It would have to be a server - written in
Delphi.  Or at least a part of it would need to be a Delphi server.

There may be other methods using ASCII format files but these would have
problems and I do not thin there is an ASCII format for SchLib.  You may
need to go via a Sch.  Messy and you have to work out manually which
library all the symbols came from - in fact I think you have this last
problem anyway.

Ian Wilson