Richard ,

My very quick test suggests that the documentation for the process is
incorrect or that there is a bug.  I think you should refer it to Protel
Tech Support and get them to tell you what the correct parameters are - I
have copied this email to them and they usually seem to reply to my
comments like this reasonably promptly.

However there appears to be a bug in your code - see in line comments.

On 03:18 PM 24/10/2001 +0100, Richard Thompson said:
>Hi
>
>Has anyone used the Runprocess "TextEdit:SetTextAt" process in a script
>before?  i am having difficulty getting it to work.
>
>i need to paste a user inputed string from a dialogue box into a text
>document but nothing happens!
>eg.
>
>msgbox output = mystring$
>
>resetparameters
>  addStringParameter mystring$  ' copy user string

AddStringParameter  - when you add a parameter to the parameter list you
need to set both the value and the name.  So addStringParameter takes two
parameters, the first is the parameter name, which according to the help on
SetTextAt should be "Text" in your example.  Check out the help for the
AddxxxxxParameter functions.

>  addintegerparameter 1              ' for line number

Ditto for addintegerparameter - two parameters required in your case the
call should look like:
  addintegerparameter "LineNumber", 1

In general parameter lists in Protel processes are not associated by their
order in the parameter list.  Rather they take the form Name=Value.  When
you run a process using the Run Process dialog you use the '|' character to
separate parameters.  So
TextEdit:SetTextAt with a parameter list of LineNumber=1|Text="My text"
should give the same result as Text="My text"|LineNumber=1.  That is
assuming that the help file is in fact giving the correct parameters -
which it seems it might not be.

(But text parameters are a little tricky - I for one never quite know how
they should be delimited in the Run Process dialog.)