Over time I have ended up with several different versions of the same
schematic library as well as several different ones.  As I look through
them I notice that some contain different versions of a part but with the
same part number.  In addition, the same library might contain different
parts having the same part number.  Although I agree that I should have let
my libraries get into this mess, the fact is that they are already in
it.  My question is twofold: 1.  Is there any automated way to merge
multiple libraries into one, hopefully with notification of duplicate
names?  2.  Is there any automated way to detect and eliminate, with
notification, duplicate names from the same library?

Along the same lines, is such a tool available for PCB libraries too?

Thanks,
Ray Mitchell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ray Mitchell