> >And besides, the stock price hasn't move much recently anyway so
> >bold action may be required.
>
> This intrigues me - why does a stock price have to move?  A stable stock
> price with a reasonable PE ratio may be the sign of a stable company.
Seems
> to me the idea of share prices having to move is a recipe for short-term
> rather than long-term financial management.  I thought that the tech
bubble
> popping had dispelled some of this growth-over-dividend baloney.

New Age Mantra in the Boardroom, not only does it have to rise, it's rate of
increase has to rise. Usually the slash & burn merchant that brings it about
has skulked off before the Company implodes.

At a more practical level, the concern here is not that we may have to take
a mortgage to support Altiums new Corporate exploits but that its current
path may cause it to follow the trail of the other dodo CAD Companies that
took their user base into oblivion. Then we really will be stuck at 99SE for
long time.

A word to those who may smugly be sitting back with the Company Order book
getting ready to shell out someone else's money.  I f there is a large
decline in new sales & upgrades due to a clearly unreasonable pricing policy
then this will impact on everyone, including you...

After all Altium is a new entity with no history as such, and clearly no
loyalty to their user base. If CAD sales plummet then next week they might
tell the PCB guys to stay at home and open the doors to sell Corporate
real-estate or perhaps start a shopping channel on cable TV.

Don