At 09:49 AM 11/26/01 -0800, Tony Karavidas wrote:
>I just found a little bug.
>
>If I export a PCB part to spreadsheet, it works, but if I export THAT
>outside of the DDB before "saving it" it exports a zero byte file. Also, if
>I look at the .xls file within the DDB, it indicates zero bytes until the
>ddb is saved. So the internal xls file has data in it, but the project
>manager claims the file is zero bytes when it isn't.

Bug? Perhaps. Minor quirk might be more like it. The project manager claims
the file is zero bytes because it is empty. Here is how it happens, I think:

When a spreadsheet is created by PCB (and I think the same is true for
Schematic), the file is created but the spreadsheet data is only in RAM, it
is not written to the .ddb. If at this point one closes the .ddb, there
will be a prompt as to whether or not to save the file. If one saves the
file, the data is written to the file. If one does *not* save the file, an
empty spreadsheet is maintained in the .ddb.

Yes, it has a size of 4K, I'm not sure why. But it is empty. (perhaps it
contains formatting defaults or something like that, but it definitely does
not contain the exported data).

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA