Is there any way to get Protel to add vias to an overall trace length? Ex. A
via going from top to bottom thru an .062" board would add .062" to a total
trace length (PCAD/ACCEL does this).

Sean,
I don't think .062 inch for any digital signal under 500 mhz makes any
difference.  The actual capacitance of the via will pose more of a problem
than the trace length.   Actual measurements made by Bill Brooks
www.ultracad.com  and contributing editor to PCD magazine shows no relevant
impedance changes with vias placed in a trace.  There are little hic-cups in
the impedance but it really doesn't change much.   I wish protel would give
me a calculation of the capacitance with the via included.   A trace length
is irrelevant unless it approaches a critical length for the signal, but
loss can become a  bigger factor.
Question;   Why don't you use Acell PCAD?    personally I think it sucks

Mike Reagan
EDSI
Frederick MD