At 01:31 PM 28/11/01 +1300, you wrote:
>Hi All
>
>I tried today to "import a project" into a new project that I had just
>created.
>
>I did this by right clicking in the documents folder and choosing import
>project.
>
>All this seemed to do was OPEN the database that I was trying to import.
>
>Has anyone seen this before?
>

>Wayne Trow

Wayne,

Importing is used to get signle files or groups of files (projects) into
the DDB format of your choice.  It is not used to copy the files *already*
in a DDB into another DDB.  I am not sure if this is what you were doing -
sorry if I have misunderstood.

The import function is used in these sorts of cases:
1) You have an external file from and old version of Protel (P98 say) that
you wish to bring into a DDB
2) You need to get a auto-save backup file into the DDB
3) You want to include a non-Protel file into the DDB (such a text document
or something) - but be careful of this not all programs can cope with the
OLE header that Protel adds on import and doesn't strip (or not correctly)
on export.  I believe that ACAD (or some versions) has this problem - not
that it is ACAD's problem.
4) other cases I didn't mention...

To copy files from one DDB to another you can open both DDB files and then
drag-and-drop or copy and paste the files as you require.

I am sorry if this doesn't address your problem, can you explain in more
detail?
Ian Wilson