little snip:)

> Sure, most of us don't need the compilers, which is one
> reason, I think, that they did not send out CDs. *That*
> would have cost them real money without adding so much
> value for the user base as a whole.

> Thus the download.

I will probably not use the tasking product as the micro's
I use (most motorola) are not supported currently by it.
But I have filled in the form as requested in the email,
and the email returned indicated that the CD will be sent
in the mail as so as they are available from manufacturing.

I also don't use the SIM, PLD, 3D parts of the current
package and although I have had P99 and P99SE almost
since they were released I have only just started to
use it in place of P98.

I would pay about AUD$1000.00 per year to stay current but
any more than that and I would just continue to use what I
have. I have owned the current version of Protels package
since 1988. Started using it with an employer in 1986.

Darren Moore