>     The pattern below repeats over and over in the PADS .ASC file, there
are
> no listings of tracks connecting the components. We think that this file
is
> only a listing of the board components and not a true representation of
the
> board. Hopefully a complete .ASC file will allow the board to be imported.

Frank,
It looks like you are not checking that right options to ASCII out.   If the
file was handed to you like that then there isnt much you can do.  When you
export out, there should be a dialog with options to select connections,
attributes, parts, traces etc.  I generally select all, and export to a 2.x
version. so that it filters and drops PADs newe attributes.

Mike Reagan
EDSI
Frederick