Hi,

I can only warn you to use "standard" footprints without thorough check.
Many of them are just useless without modification and should only be taken
as examples. E.g. almost all QFP footprints have much too wide pads, and
all DSUB and RJ connectors look nice, but do most probably not match the
dimensions of the parts you use, as almost every supplier does them with
(slightly) different dimensions.
Do your own footprints wherever possible, that's the only safe method, even
if it causes some work you want to avoid.

Regards,

Gisbert Auge
N.A.T. GmbH

                    "Blandford, Simon

                    \[BSS Audio UK\]"        An:     "'Protel EDA Mailing List'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    <Simon.Blandford@        Kopie:

                    bss.co.uk>               Thema:  [PEDA] 1206 4xresistor network
footprint in downloaded
                                             libraries. Where?

                    20.12.2001 10:25

                    Bitte antworten

                    an "Protel EDA

                    Forum"

Hi,

Does anyone know which library the footprint for a 1206 size 4x resistor
network is in and what it is called. I have downloaded just about every
Protel library I can find, done text searches in the library spreadsheet
for
keywords "network, "array" and "resistor" and still can't for the life of
me
find it.

We want to avoid making custom footprints if we can and go with "standard"
footprints as much as possible.

Regards,
Simon B.

The comments expressed in this email are my own and not necessarily those
of
my employer.