I'm attempting to move my installation of Protel99SE SP6 to a new machine. Of
course I'm not going to delete the old installation until the new one is
fully functional. I'm moving from W95 to W2K in the interest of the greater
stability reported by many members of this group. I'm running into a few
questions / issues:

1) Can I safely copy one or several .INI or similar files from the old
installation to bring along my default settings? I'm finding out now just how
much I had tweaked the defaults to get what I need for the type work I do.
Seems like someone here described which groups of settings are in which
files.

2) I'm seeing a Protel crash during shutdown. Apparently after saving the ddb
(Access file system) but before deleting the old file (being kept around as a
backup), I get two consecutive messages about Protel having attempted to read
from memory it wasn't permitted, and a "Runtime error 216".

3) Possibly not Protel, but maybe something else I installed about the same
time, keeps the system from going all the way to shutdown when I shut down
Windows. I get all the way to a blank desktop, with mouse cursor still
showing and movable, and the system hangs there (up to several hours that
I've tested). Never gets to either the restart or the full shutdown I called
for. I checked out the M$ KB and found some articles that looked promising,
but none that panned out. I have Norton AV running and turned off the scan of
floppies on shutdown.

Any hints would be welcome. Thanks to all the regular writers on this list
for all the shared knowledge you've developed and distributed.

Steve Hendrix