For what it's worth, I have just done something similar to what
you are suggesting. I have acquired a second hand notebook which
came with a reformatted disk and a copy of NT4 which I have
installed and upgraded to SP6.
I have installed Protel with its SP6 and copied all the .ini,
.raf etc. files from my previous installation and it now works.
The only problem I had was due to a reduction in screen size,
since the notebook does not support the 1600x1200 pixel structure
I have been using. I have some of the tool bars floating and
parked at the lower right of the screen (I am left handed and
this seems to work for me). The result of this is that the work
space overflowed the screen which I fixed by parking all these
toolbars at the top of the screen and then moving them to the
desired position. This had to be done for each project I opened.
All my original customizations now work although the list of
previously opened files did not necessarily correspond to real
paths on the new computer.

Regards

Bob Mitchell

--

Ipse Video Pty. Ltd.
PO Box 68                               Phone   (+61 2) 9449 4736