From:   Brad Velander [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Tuesday, January 08, 2002 3:25 PM
To:     'Protel EDA Forum'
Subject:        Re: [PEDA] WIN XP Problems. WAS: proteledaforum Digest for
2002- 01-07

Dez,
        since your problem is actually with Win XP Home, have you tried to
talk to Microsoft? Yeah I know, maybe an hour on the phone just to be
shunted around or told it is the applications problem, but somewhere,
sometime, Microsoft has got to be made responsible for their junk.
        Secondly, it doesn't seem that you have tried Protel for their
comments. They also have to be made responsible for their product. It would
be interesting if you posted Protel's response on Win XP back to forum
afterwards. Then we might all gleen some information on Protel's intended
handling of XP.
        Short of this, it seems that there are strong opinions on this forum
but little prospect of help for you because nobody else seems to be using or
planning to use XP. I do remember hearing almost the exact same problems
here or on the NGs a while back, never heard of anybody coming up with a
solution then either.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer