Ian
I have Power pcb up to version 3.5, I believe they are into 4x. But I can
attempt to read the files.  I have made many pads conversions, the data is
fairly accurate.  You may need to massage silkscreen, powerplanes, split
planes but the track and netlist information is accurate.  You can email me
directly [EMAIL PROTECTED] and we can discuss this further

Mike Reagan
EDSI
Frederick MD