At 04:14 PM 1/11/2002 +0100, Georg Beckmann wrote:
>I know that's somehow possible to update sch and pcb components from a bom
>or export the database to spread and edit it.

In Schematic, Edit/Export to Spread. Be sure to Save the file if you want
to keep it, as I recall it does not automatically save the spreadsheet to
the .ddb even though an empty file is created, the real file is in RAM only
until saved.

If you want to edit this file and Update the schematic (File/Update from
the spreadsheet editor) *leave the original schematic file open and the
spreadsheet as well.*

I typically do my editing in Excel, that is, I export the spreadsheet and
manipulate it in excel, then paste the modified data back into the Protel
spreadsheet, then Update.

There are a number of aggravating nuisances with the spreadsheet editor, it
needs polishing. But it works.

The process is similar in PCB. The PCB library editor will also create a
spreadsheet for a single footprint, which can be very useful for complex
footprints. (I created a big BGA and assigned alphanumeric pad names this
way, using spreadsheet formulas and other Excel facilities).

The Schematic library editor does not seem to have a spreadsheet command.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA