At 09:41 AM 15/01/02 +1100, you wrote:
>G'day all,
>
>Looking for a way to change the number of adjacent tracks between pads after
>starting up a new board using the board wizard.
>
>I have tried to increase the distance between tracks in the design rules and
>this has caused crashes at various stages of auto route, as well as
>different stages of changing the design rules.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance
>

>Antony Langmann

Anthony,

I think (from memory) that the autorouter is quite sensitive to DRC errors
that exist before it runs.  Maybe by changing the design rules to increase
the track to track spacing you have now introduced a whole lot of DRC
errors which the auto-router cannot deal with.  In this case all you can
really do (if you must auto-route) is manually remove enough of the
offending tracks to remove all the DRC errors before running the router again.

The router is not really able to clean up a big mess that is in existence
before it runs.  We are all hoping for a better router soon...

Hooroo,
Ian Wilson