Why don't you generate 2 sets of Gerber files, one with and one without
tenting, and select the top soldermask with tented vias from one set, and
the bottom soldermask with not tented vias from the other set?

Gisbert Auge

                    "Bryn Wolfe"

                    <bwolfe@tracl        An:     "Protel EDA Forum"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    abs.com>             Kopie:

                                         Thema:  Re: [PEDA] Solder mask over via's

                    25.01.2002

                    13:43

                    Bitte

                    antworten an

                    "Protel EDA

                    Forum"

Actually, though, Hot Air Leveling should not cause the burst unless there
is
soldermask on both the top and bottom, or if it is a blind via. However, I
can't
think of a way in Protel to tell it to tent only the component side. You'd
probably
have to do some editing in the gerber file.

This sounds like a feature that should be added to Protel, that is,
selecting which
side of the board tenting of through-hole vias occurs on: top, bottom, or
both.

Bryn

Waldemar Kulajew wrote:

> Afshin
>
> just one more informotion: my Fab-house told me I should not tent vias
complete.
> It couse problems because the soldermask will burst open during
HotAirLeveling
> or wavesoldering because of the Air inside the via. They told me to leave
the
> hole open and only put the cover the Copper. I did it in the way Ted
Tontis

--
Name   : Bryn Wolfe
Title  : Robotics Engineer