From: Tony Karavidas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 03 February 2002 17:48
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Component partition

Here's one to ponder:

I have a schematic that uses an array of SPST switches and LEDs.

On the PCB, I want to potentially keeps these as integrated parts, or
possibly as separate LEDs and switches.

How can I draw one schematic and still have the flexibility to use either
physical configuration? If I keep the LED and switch arrays separate in the
sch, then annotation will make two parts (D1 and SW1) for each switch with a
built-in LED.

If I make a special sch symbol that contains an LED and a switch, the
schematic is ugly as hell, and THEN I can't use a separate switch and
separate LED.

What would you do???

Tony