As per your suggestion aj I have posted this to the PEDA forum as well. My
reason for posting to the OT forum was to try and keep the s/n ratio of the
PEDA forum down.

I will send an email to Protel asking about this.

Tom.

On 11:37 AM 2/8/2002 +1100, Thomas wrote:
>Reading the recent heated discussion on the 3D server has prompted me to
ask
>the following;
>
>1) In the past was it possible to purchase only the Protel PCB and Sch
>servers (v3?, 98?).
>
>2) Do you think it's likely that this will be possible with the next
release
>of Protel?
>
>My boss for one is not going to pay for a heap of junk servers that do not
>work as advertised (again).
>
>The only way I can see my boss forking out for an upgrade to the next
>version is if it is possible to reduce the cost by only purchasing the
>servers we need.
>
>Probably not likely to happen. Looks like I'll be using P99se for quite
some
>time to come.

It's a shame you didn't send this to the group at-large, since I have a
feeling that the readership of this list is much more limited than that of
the full group. Well said, and worthy of open discussion.

I can't say with any authority, but my guess is that Protel will NOT be
selling partials anymore, as they did in years past. There is no mention on
the site of partial licenses (as there was in the past)

The only thing that leaves me with a sense that it might be possible is that
each of the various primary servers still (as of P99SE0 requires separate
unlocking codes...

Best bet? Call Protel and ask.

aj