From: Damon Kelly [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, 13 February 2002 15:43
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: [PEDA] Filenames and DDB names

Here at Texcel, we're trying to "get control" of our documentation, and
create some consistent guidelines for filenames of product documents.

One persistent problem is that within a DDB of Filename "XXX.ddb" there will
exist lots of other design files (sch, pcb etc...) with (potentially)
"YYY.sch" and "ZZZ.pcb" and so on and so forth...
This plays hell with our Document Register system, which wants just one
filename for the "Analog Card PCB".

So...how do you guys solve this dilemma?
I don't want to give up the convenience of the ddb file system (by using
Windows file system), and I want associated PCB files kept with SCH's.
It isn't Protel's fault, probably just lack of imagination on my part!

Any suggestions?

Damon Kelly
R&D Engineer

Blastronics Systems and Services