Matt,

I have read a few books on VHDL and there is a free book I got from Insight
called "Essential VHDL RTL Synthesis Done Right" by Sundar Rajan. This book
is perfect for the beginner and makes a great reference.  The great thing
about the book is the ideas are very generic.  So it does not matter if you
use Synplify (the best), Express, Leonardo or other, the examples will
build.

Mark

Speaking of books, can anyone recommend any thorough references on

VHDL for FPGA work? Many VHDL references I've seen to far seem to cater

more towards the people who are actually designing physical silicon rather

than gate-arrays and CPLD logic. I know their rather similar, but I'm more

interested in getting the most out of my Xilinx parts. :>

Regards,

-- Matt

Please send all responses to the following address:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]