On 03:52 PM 20/02/2002 -0500, Watnoski, Michael said:
>         When the Layout Drawing Order under Tools > Preferences > Display is
>set for Bottom Overlay under Bottom layer, the Bottom overlay is still
>displayed over the Bottom layer.

Michael,

I just checked an I find after I set the Bottom Overlay to lower than
Bottom Layer in the drawing order, that the overlay is drawn under the
copper *unless* the overlay is selected as the current layer, in which case
it is drawn above all the copper layers.

Interestingly, the bottom overlay is drawn *under* the top overlay
regardless of which layer is active.  The actual draw order is affected by:
1) The Layer Drawing Order set up in Tools-Preferences
2) Which layer is active
3) The layer associations (that is top copper, top overlay, top mask and
top paste) are all associated.

I suspect that not all the interactions are planned.  This does seem to be
an area that Protel could do some careful rationalization as the
relationships are complex enough that the utility of the layer draw order
dialog is somewhat compromised.

I would like to thrash this around a little more so we can get some sort of
agreement on what the bug(s) might be.

>         Another for the wish list- Final/Draft/Hidden should be set by layer
>- not just by primitive type.

Good idea, I would like that as well.  But I am not maintaining the Wish
List...

Ian Wilson