I have library parts for mounting holes and other hardware (i.e.
all PCB features exist on the schematic).

A consequence of this is that I can define an M3 mounting hole
component that includes a keepout definition. This definition is
usually a 360 degree arc on the keepout layer with an appropriate
clearance to the hole, plus additional keepout arcs on the top
and bottom layers (with a larger radius) to keep a sufficiently
large zone clear of traces and components so that a lock washer
can't do damage.

John Haddy